Swarthmore Town Center
Swarthmore Town Center, Inc., a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, seeks to strengthen community, promote the downtown as an exciting place to live, shop and invest; improve the appearance of and access to the downtown, and to receive, administer and distribute funds in connection with any activities related to the above purposes.
Town Center Coordinator
The Town Center Coordinator is responsible for the promotion, activities, and physical aspects of the Swarthmore Town Center under the direction of the STC Board of Directors. Informs the strategic direction and priorities of Swarthmore Town Center based on the evolving needs of the business district.
Reports to the President of the Board of Directors of Swarthmore Town Center, Inc. Activities of the position are carried out in close coordination with the Borough Manager, Public Works, Police and Fire departments, merchants, residents and other Swarthmore organizations.
The Coordinator position is part-time, 20 hours/week, with 4 weeks paid vacation. Compensation is $26,000 per year. The Coordinator shall work from home and be visible in the Town Center.
1. Manage marketing and social media for the Town Center.
2. Create and coordinate Town Center events and activities.
3. Maintain ongoing communication with local businesses regarding Borough matters, including ordinances, maintenance, parking, signage and other related issues.
4. Serve as a point person for property owners and potential new tenants to provide information on the Town Center and the Borough.
5. In conjunction with the Beautification committee, develop and organize projects to improve the appearance of the Town Center.
6. Develop sponsorship and funding initiatives for the Town Center.
7. Provide administrative support to Swarthmore Town Center, Inc. (STC)
8. Serves as STC representative to Borough Council and its committees on matters relating to the Town Center and businesses.
Qualifications and Skills
Interested candidates should e-mail their resume and a cover letter to the Swarthmore Town Center at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 3, 2021.